Виды орлов на русском языке

Sailormoon

in my dictionary, only орёл и могучий орёл, but my teacher said, могучий орёл is not a kind of eagle, it just means the eagle is brave and strong.
so, may someone tell me some words about types of eagle. for example, змея, гадюка, и.т.д.
sorry for my russian, i don't know a better example

griz_a

For example "орлан"=sea-eagle
If you tell me English variant, maybe I can translate it into Russian

Sailormoon

for example, roc, vulture,
and any other word you may think out

yurimedvedev

vulture = гриф, ястреб, стревятник
they are not eagles exactly, they are another predatory birds

griz_a

I think vulture and eagle are different birds, but I can tell you some words: vulture = "гриф", hawk = "ястреб", condor="кондор", falcon="сокол"

griz_a

Гриф и ястреб - сильно разные птицы. Это слово по-моему именно гриф. До орла ему и вправду как шакалу до тигра..

Sailormoon

thanks!
i need to find a commendatory word. if i want to describe a strong, brave and free hero, which word is the best? сокол орёл или другие?

Sailormoon

Thank you very much

stm7537641

Here are russian names for some species of eagles (genus Aquila):
БЕРКУТ (is the most big and strong among eagles);
МОГИЛЬНИК;
ОРЁЛ СТЕПНОЙ;
ПОДОРЛИК БОЛЬШОЙ;
ПОДОРЛИК МАЛЫЙ.
http://www.floranimal.ru/families/4284.html

griz_a

Usually people use word "орел" as the highest praise. "сокол" also used as a praise.

Sailormoon

Thanks!

Sailormoon

if so, i will choose opёл

stm7537641

if i want to describe a strong, brave and free hero, which word is the best? сокол орёл
I think that "сокол" is more suitable for a person whose profession is connected with air (for example for a pilot). "Орел" seems to be a more universal word, but it sounds slightly old-fashioned

Sailormoon

here is the original version:
cмелый орёл скоро будет стремительно взлетать вверх с ветром, прямо до девяти тысяч километров
i am translating a poem. the poet is an ambitious hero. he thinks he is the eagle.
so, which word is better?
by the way, may you correct the mistakes of my translation

griz_a

орел....

griz_a

I remember one more: "Змееяд".It's a kind of an eagle.

stm7537641

so, which word is better?
"Орел" seems to be the proper word.
by the way, may you correct the mistakes of my translation
There are no mistakes in the passage you've written, but may I suggest my own version?
"скоро храбрый орел взлетит с ветром на девять тысяч (кило?)метров"

Sailormoon

Thanks! орёл!

Sailormoon

i will choose орёл
i feel that your translation is better than mine. thanks

a7137928

my humble opinion...
, you seem to be looking for subtleties of Russian... So, here you are
In general people don't know differences between eagles. I'm not sure that everyone can easily distinguish between сокол, орел or беркут. Сокол, Орел are widely used in Russian to indicate ambitious persons. Other species of eagles are less common.
Here are some common phrases with these ОРЕЛ:
"Взгляд как у орла" - a phrase from a popular russian song. It is known that eagles have extrenely good eyes. They flight very high looking for a pray and they can notice pray on big distances. Metaphorically, a man who has "Взгляд как у орла" is a very smart and observant person.
On the other hand, "орлиный взор/взгляд" may indicate haughtiness, arrogance.
"Орел или решка" - head or tail. Traditionally on one side of russian coin there is a state emblem. I.e. double-headed eagle.
By the way, , where are you from? Do you study Russian?

Sailormoon

thanks very much!
i am from china. yes, i study russian.
now i am translating chinese ancient poems to russian. so, you are right, i am looking for subtleties of Russian. i need to find most suitable words to make my translation as beautiful as the original version.

selena12

-Орлов!
-Я!
-Орел! Соколов!
-Я!
-Сокол! Дятлов!
-Я!
-... ну тоже птица!

Sailormoon

very interesting
i like it
Оставить комментарий